At Syndica, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, and you’ll experience firsthand the infectious enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in crypto.
This role will have the primary accountability of designing/architecting and implementing Syndica’s developer experience. You will be a key hire and the first member of our Developer Relations team. You will work at the intersection of our engineers and our users to help us continue to develop leading products.
A successful candidate must have demonstrable experience in at least one programming language (Go/Rust/Typescript preferably), and previous work in frontend and some backend (NodeJS/Go) application development. You will be working closely with the product and engineering team on creating content around our products and effectively demonstrating to our users how to use them. The ideal candidate will also have prior experience developing applications with strong focus on UI/UX/DX.
- Engaging with our community, using a range of channels such as Github, discussion forums, technical demos, and social media
- Building technical tools and demos to help onboard users and communicate key changes or integrations with our products (e.g., quickstarts, tutorials)
- Participating in discussions with technical staff of all levels (from individual contributors to executives) to encourage user adoption
- Attending, presenting at, and engaging with current and potential users at industry conferences
- Developing blog posts on a range of topics of interest to our users, in collaboration with our Engineering team
- Gathering community feedback to influence Syndica's product roadmap
- Responding to questions and issues from our community related to our products
- Identifying, prioritizing and triaging issues for escalation to our Engineering team
- Coordinating with our Engineers on product and design problems to ensure excellent developer experiences during the creation and enhancement of our products
- Some professional experience in either software engineering (backend) or developer relations
- Experience working with cloud products (AWS, GCP, etc.) and smart contracts/programs (or strong interest in learning). Our products target users with complex technical requirements, and the ability to understand their needs from a Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 perspective is critical
- Proven ability to work with developer-focused companies to deliver ‘wow’ developer experiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience and confidence with public speaking
- Excellent people skills, with a user / community-oriented mindset
- Experience in a similar role at a developer tools company
- Professional experience working as a software engineer
- Experience writing and editing technical documentation
- Experience developing tutorial materials (e.g., knowledge bases, self-guided tutorials, videos) to onboard and educate users
- Experience working in a highly distributed company is a plus
- Align a portion of your day with the business hours of Central Time Zone - UTC -6
- Working knowledge of information security issues
- Systematic problem-solving approach, combined with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Firm grasp of at least one modern programming language, beyond advanced scripting (Shell or Python)
- Experience writing automation tools & eagerness to "automate all the things"
What does success in this role look like?
- In three months, you have become our go-to developer relations lead working on important platform features and demonstrating them effectively to our community of developers
- In six months, you have earned the trust of the team and are delivering tasks through the entire SDLC, from design through development of guides, tutorials and blogs with minimal guidance, and are helping to effectively mentor new developer relations members joining the team
- In twelve months, you have established a cadence of predictable, on-time delivery of great developer experience content without cutting corners