[Internship] Investment Analyst
The Spartan Group
About Spartan Group
The Spartan Group was founded by a team of former investment bankers from Goldman Sachs. Our team has combined experience of over 30 years at GS, and several decades of early stage tech entrepreneurship and investment experience. Our network is extensive and spans the Web3, tech, finance, and corporate sectors globally.
The Spartan Group has a global presence across the Web3 space:
- Fundraising and investor relations
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Liquid hedge fund strategies
- Venture investing
- Corporate consulting and market entry
Description of Role
Spartan Capital is the investment arm of the Spartan Group, the premier advisory and investment firm in crypto, founded by veterans in the traditional financial industry and thought leaders in the crypto space.
As one of the first fundamentals-driven cryptoasset funds and DeFi-specific venture investors in the space, Spartan Capital is recognized as a leading voice in the burgeoning crypto industry since its founding in 2018.
Spartan Capital is seeking to hire an intern analyst for our crypto venture fund to work directly with the world-class founders we back.
You will play an integral part in growing our new venture fund, be part of building our pipeline of new investments, participate in investment committee meetings, and establish a strong network with founders in the industry. You will also be involved with our liquid fund practice.
You will need to be flexible and adaptable. Some examples of your role:
- Assisting with sourcing for early investment opportunities in DeFi, NFTs, infrastructure and gaming
- Performing due diligence on investment prospects to drive investment decisions
- Communicating periodically with Spartan portfolio founders to provide support
- Supporting the formulation of our evolving fund theses in GameFi and Gaming
- Conduct fundamental and data-driven research to generate actionable trade ideas for our liquid fund
- Working knowledge of NFT projects and Metaverse ecosystem
- Experience interacting with DeFi and NFT protocols
- Strong intellectual curiosity and ability to dive deep into project fundamentals
- Enjoy networking with project founders and broader community
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Hong Kong or Singapore preferred
- Ability to read, write and speak Chinese is a plus, but not a necessity
- Strong network in crypto is a plus
- Send an email with your CV, cover letter and a one-pager investment pitch for any crypto project to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include in the email your Telegram username