Fund Operations Analyst
The Spartan Group
About Spartan Group
The Spartan Group was founded by a team of former investment bankers from Goldman Sachs. Our team has combined experience of over 30 years at GS, and several decades of early stage tech entrepreneurship and investment experience. Our network is extensive and spans the Web3, tech, finance, and corporate sectors globally.
The Spartan Group has a global presence across the Web3 space:
- Fundraising and investor relations
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Liquid hedge fund strategies
- Venture investing
- Corporate consulting and market entry
Role & Responsibilities
The Spartan Group was built around a culture of hard driving collaborative work. Our culture and values are deeply ingrained, and our prospective candidate must share these.
We work with top tier Web3 projects in a constantly changing market. We need a team member who is flexible, likes new challenges, enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, takes initiative and is willing to put in the hours required to achieve personal and professional development results.
You will be assisting in all aspects of the business. You will be involved in the finance and operations of the firm, collecting and analyzing data from past transactions and investments, general administrative matters, and critical functions as needed.
Your role will include:
- Perform portfolio and trade / NAV reconciliations
- Support fund accounting including tracking of fund expenses and checking of monthly/quarterly reports
- Work with fund administrators and custodians on calculations, subscriptions, distributions and transfers
- Work with auditors and the compliance team to verify financial statements and various regulatory filings
- Produce periodic reports, facilitate annual audit and tax filing for various funds
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements, including reporting and filing requirements
- Provide support to management and perform any ad-hoc duty as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field; CPA or CMA a plus
- 1-2 years of experience in fund accounting or investment operations
- Experience in settlements and liaison on matters related to subscription, redemption and trade reconciliation
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills with a flair for spotting numeric errors
- Knowledge about crypto / blockchain is a plus
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Dedicated team player with good communication skills